By Gabriel Montoya

It was two rounds of brutal action and a two round blowout for Filipino sensation Manny “The Pacman” Pacquiao as he walked through, around, and all over Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton (45-2 with 32 KOs). It was a crowning achievement for Pacquiao who became the first man to beat Hatton, until tonight the linear 140 lb champion, at that weight. The cherry on top? He did it easier and much quicker than Floyd Mayweather, Jr who has now returned to the game and is hoping to take on tonight’s winner. After seeing this performance, he may think twice about that.

Afterward, a humble Pacquiao would say, “I mean, I am surprised that it was that easy, but the fighter fights hard. He is strong and has a lead hand. Our strategy was one punch: the left hook. Right hook. That was going to be key to this fight. In the first round, I expected my right hook was going to be dangerous for him. He was coming wide open and his hands were down.”

As for the future of the pound for pound king, “I can fight anybody. M promoters will handle that. I am just doing my job and training.”

Pacquiao’s trainer, Freddie Roach said “Everytime [Hatton] throws that hook and cocks it, he is wide open for a right hook from the southpaw stance. We worked on that in the gym every day and it worked beautifully. The winner of Marquez/Mayweather is a possibility. I think it would be great.” read more



0 comments

Your Ad Here