By Gareth A Davies

When Ricky Hatton and Manny Pacquiao went head to head on Wednesday there was little to suggest that the two box-office stars have anything but a deep mutual respect for each other ahead of Saturday’s light-welterweight super-fight.

But the smiles will be replaced by grimaces come the first bell. “Manny goes for the knockout, I go for the knockout,” Hatton said, before turning on those who believe that the Mancunian cannot win against the Filipino who is regarded as the world’s best pound-for-pound fighter. “They said I was an over-hyped, over-protected, beer-drinking Englishman, but I’m here to shock the world again.”

Pacquiao’s response? “I never hate my opponent, and I have no fear in this fight. We will be firm friends after the fight, and I’d like a rematch at darts, too.”
read more



0 comments

Your Ad Here